- Art Media, Inc. in Portland & Vancouver
- B. Dalton bookstore, 20%
- Barnes & Noble
- Book Warehouse, Seaside Factory Outlet 15% (also available at their
Lincoln City and Troutdale outlets)
- Borders Books, 20%, except on books with "net" on the ISBN
Price Books, 10%
- Dollar Tree - Send proof of homeschooling to: Dollar Tree Inc. Attn: Teachers Discount
program - 500 Volvo Pkwy - Chesapeake VA 23320 You'll receive 10% off your purchases.
- Hollywood Video, free movie rentals (some locations offer cards,
others offer request forms from the corporate headquarters)
- JoAnn Fabrics, 10% teachers discount cards. Visit this link: http://www.joann.com and type "teacher" into the search field. When signing up for the discount card, enter the following number
as your PEAH code for Oregon 567200405037 .
- Kinko's, 10%
- Learning Palace, Vancouver 10% with a $25 minimum purchase
Palace, Beaverton 5%
- Natural Wonders
- Nature Company
- Office Max, 15% on copies and a teachers reward card (sign up during
August & September)
- Olympia Potters & Artists Supply in Olympia, WA 10%
- OMSI, $5.00 off membership
- Pacific Science Center
- Pufferbelly Toys in St. Helens
- Puyallup fair tickets
- Storyteller Books in Vancouver, 20%
- Waldenbooks, 20%
- Walmart, fabric department for "home ec" projects, 10% (talk to the
- University Bookstore, 10% discount on K-12 materials, teacher aids,
and art and paper supplies.
- Video Factory, free rentals for educational purposes.
- Bible's Plus, Graham, WA 5% discount on new teaching supplies
I would try asking for a discount at any location that sells teaching supplies or books. Please let us know if you
give it a try and it works!http://www.homeschooldiscount.com/http://www.bookbestbuys.com http://www.peah.com To receive discounts you can use the following methods:
Advice from a homeschooling mom: "In my experience, it is best to ask FIRST if they
offer an educator discount. If they say "yes", then find out what sort of proof they require. If it is something
hard for homeschoolers to supply (like a pay stub or a union card) THEN say "I'm a homeschool teacher," and find out what
is necessary to prove it. If you start off asking for a homeschool discount you may be told there isn't any."
more discounts, visit:
* Education group membership cards
* Notification letters
from the ESD.
* Labels from homeschooling magazines.